Gel Nail polish is a nail lacquer that is set with UV light in order to harden it, Gel Nail polish is known for being especially durable for a period of 10 days to 3 weeks. Salons that give gel manicures also remove the polish, however you can remove in home if necessary remember this process in every 10 days and 3 weeks make your nail weaken and weaken.
Set up a beauty station
- Find a place in your home where you don’t risk running clothing, furniture or other items.
- Place a paper mat cereal box in an area you plan to use.
- Tear aluminum foil strips to fit around the tops of your nail
- Place a bottle of acetone, nail file, nail buffer, foil strips, cotton boll as well as orange stick.
Soak your nail
- Use a nail to scuff the surface of each nail.
- Pour the acetone into a small bowl.
- Place the acetone cotton ball directly on your first nail.
- Wrap that nail with a strip of aluminum foil so that the cotton ball stays on the nail.
- Repeat this with each of your 10 nails.
- Slide the foil of the tip of your finger.
- Use a wood orange stick to escape off the gel polish.
- Repeat with each of your nails.
Buffer your nail
- Wash your hand with soap and water.
- Take your hand again to remove ant dust from the buffering process.
- Moisturize your skin tell after you remove polish.
- Beware some gel manicure are harmful to your health. (BHA) is included in some gel polishes and it is considered a cancer –causing agent. UV light also increases your risk in skin cancer. Asked whether your salon use BHA-free polish as well as light emitting diode (LED) light to reduce your risk.
- If you enhancement on your nail, i.e. soft or hard acrylics, with gel or shellac polish applied to the enhancement don’t soak your nail with acetone product as it will weaken/soften remove your enhancements.